Thursday 25 March 2010

Busy couple of days

I've hadn't had much of a chance to blog the past few days. Life has sort of got in the way.

I was due to have my first appointment at my new diabetic clinic on Tuesday .*FAIL*. I got up at 7:30, which is a very early start for me these days, as my appointment was at 9am. We had to go up the A3 doing 50 mph thanks to the emergency tyre we had to put on as the other tyre was completely bald. Get to the hospital feeling really quite positive as I had my list of questions at the ready and no, according to them my appointment was last Tuesday!! My letter clearly stated 23rd March. I remember this for 3 reasons, 1) Its 2 days after my mum's birthday. 2) Its my friend's birthday that day and 3) Its two days before my nan's birthday. Unless my head is totally screwed up I COULD NOT get this wrong. I argue my point while the receptionist starts getting shirty. Apparently they have already sent me out my new appointment, which I am yet to receive. When it finally arrives I will be calling up to check as the parking/petrol and time off work for the OH all adds up!!
My bloods have been all over the place, mainly on the higher side. I think it could be due to stress with everything thats happened recently.My Gran's funeral is on Monday so I'm hoping once that is over and "normality" resumes they will settle down.
In the mean time I have a dilema... Do I want a pump or not?? What are the pro's & con's??

I will be so glad when the next couple of weeks are over!!!

2 comments:

  1. have you been offered a pump?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, but still struggling with levels, last HBA1c was 11.8

    ReplyDelete