Thursday 15 April 2010

Sorry

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, life has gotten in the way a bit.
One the 10th of April I met loads of great people from DiabetesSupport. It was a great day that started fairly early and ended fairly late, It involved good food great company and some drinking. I was a good girl and didn't drink but a few others, I wont mention names but they know who they are , weren't as good. We started off in Wetherspoons, went to The Kings Head about 3.30, then back to Wetherspoons for profiteroles (which weren't that great). I finally left Guildford at 7.30 - exhausted.
I was very confused by this day as I didn't take ANY novarapid for any of the food I ate, and I had alot. I had burger, chips and onion rings and later on some profiteroles, and my blood didnt rise above 10mmol/L all day.
Its been doing this alot recently. Over 4 days I have taken 56-58 units of novarapid, when normally I would have taken 130 units plus. I have even had to reduce my levemir by half as I was going hypo..... This equals a very confused me!!
Still taking 50-60% less insulin now and getting good numbers.

My diet has kinda gone out the window as I stayed with my best mate the other day who has my gorgeous god-daughter and we stayed up most of the night snacking on naughty stuff like Monster Munch, pizza and my ultimate weakness at the moment Mars Planets!! I can eat a whole big bag all to myself. (And not need take insulin at the moment =S)
I'm getting a bit sick of the way the TV and Media portrays what causes Diabetes so have created a facebook group, join here Mr Scriptwriter, That's not how diabetes works.  There is also a great new blog for "Diabotics" which you can take a look at HERE.

My next new appointment at the clinic has been set for May 4th... day before my birthday. I'm going to beg for a pump! I want to get this diabetes stuff under control asap! I want to start a family soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment