Thursday 29 April 2010

Friendship.Friendship, Just the perfect blendship


"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."



I love this quote. For me it summarises all my ideas and feelings about friendships. Every friendship takes a lot of work. Compromises, arguments, laughter, anger, joy, disappointment, these are all things that I have felt with the many friendships I have gained over the years. There aren't better feelings than when you are with an old friend who totally understand everything about you or when you gain a new friend. Yet there is nothing worse than when a friendship ends or you have an argument. 
When you are at the lowest of lows, and your best friend calls or texts or pops round, they always seem to know how to bring you back. They almost have a sixth sense, that something is wrong or you need cheering up or distracting. 


At school I wasn't one of the "cool kids" at school but nor was I a geek, I was one who would just sit quietly and try not to get involved if I didn't have to. I had a great friend at school called Emily. We had our falling outs, argument and periods of time where we didn't talk but it was all part of growing up. Most weekends we would be at each other houses, causing mayhem, baking cakes (with completely the wrong flour on many occasions). She moved to a different school in year 9 (I think) and I was gutted, but we stayed friends, still met up most weekends and I even went to her school prom. We really were as thick as thieves. We then went onto college and grew up, got boyfriends and slowly drifted apart. It isn't a bad thing & yeah I will always miss the mayhem we caused, the giggles we had and the random things we got up too but that is life for you. We have recently got back in contact and I'm pleased about it. We didn't have an argument, so there are no mean feelings etc, it just is what it is.


I am going to be god mother to my best friend Laura's little girl on Sunday and its the biggest, proudest thing I have ever done. Knowing she trusts me and cares for me and wants to me to be part of her and her daughters life fills me with such happiness. I was there at her daughter's birth. Again, so touched that she chose ME to be part of this amazing moment in her life fills me with such pride. After doing childcare together at college me and Laura knew we would be friends for life. Two years spent studying the same thing 5 days a week, 6 hours a day most days has to mean something. Skipping lessons together and yes, using my diabetes as an excuse as much as I am ashamed to admit it (its the only good part of diabetes as a teenager). Going to the music block during break or walking into town to go shopping at lunch. I hope my friendship with Laura never ends and she will always be part of my life and me hers and her daughters. Laura is like a sister to me, she is more than a friend. 


 A friend is someone you can trust whole heartily, someone you can spend time with, someone who you can tell anything to, someone you can talk to day or night. Someone who makes you laugh till you sides hurt! Someone you want to make memories with and take photos with. A good friend is someone who you don't want to live without.

"When other friendships go down the drain ours will still remain" 

No comments:

Post a Comment