Thursday 1 April 2010

Slightly Better Day

Today hasn't been as bad as yesterday.

Blood have been slightly better, still on the high side but below 10. I'm going to be experimenting with my insulin later. I seem to be taking a ton more than I would normally take. It might be that my eating habits have been different these past few days and I have eaten a few things I normally wouldn't.

I really want to start loosing weight, and get exercising. You would think that with the combination of my 21st birthday, my wedding next year, my diabetes and the fact I'm running(or walking) Race For Life (please sponsor me HERE) I would have enough motovation to get out there and do something but yet I am still superglued to my computer, on FacebookDiabetesSupport and other random websites I seem to stumble on.
I am eating much less than I used to but I know this isn't enough. I am hoping to drop a dress size by May. Is it possible? Probably not but lets go with YES!! for now. I think once I have finished this blog I will be going on Wii Fit and see what my weight is and do some exercising. I know I will need your help to keep me motivated and am hoping you will give me it... *puppy dog eyes time*....
I am going to be watching my blood levels religiously throughout my exercise, even more than I normally would (I tested 7+ times a day anyway) and am hoping I can start to see a pattern of what exercise I am doing, what my levels are like and how quickly they rise and fall. Will also be seeing what happens afterwards. I have never been big on exercise, even more so since joining the invitation only diabetic club, so this will really push me. I AM going to start jogging as of next week, well Sunday. I AM going to work out using the Wii Fit. I AM going to take the dogs out for an extra long walk. I AM going to use my exercise bike till it falls apart on me, I PROMISE not to loosen any bolts so it gives up sooner. I AM going to cut my portion size down. and finally I AM GOING TO LOOSE WEIGHT AND DROP A DRESS SIZE!!!!


BRING IT ON!!


And on another note my blog has seen its 100th viewer =) 
And on yet another note I just wanted to let everyone know about a great blog I read Instructions Not Included. Its by a good friend of mine who has offered me loads of support since I joined DiabetesSupport and is also a very important person for DiDkA which is an amazing organistation whoes aims are :
  • To educate management of any outlet serving drinks as to the dangers of incorrectly serving full-sugar soft drinks when a diet version has been ordered
  • To encourage management to train their staff in the same fashion
  • To put a stop to the highly dangerous practice of switching full-sugar and regular pipes on pump dispensers for 'entertainment' of the serving staff
  • To get retailers to sign up to the DiDkA pledge, identifying their business as being aware of the issues surrounding diet drinks
  • For a better selection of diet drinks to be on offer from retailers across the board

I work within DiDkA as a research and am very proud of what DiDkA has achieved so far and what it will achieve in the future.

2 comments:

  1. *waves pompoms* You can do it hon, I know you can.

    I tell you what, I have a Wii Fit as well. Want to see who can beat each other's high scores on it, since I'm trying to drop another stone as well?

    Thanks for the DiDkA plug as well - you are a star (and soon to be a star with a didka.co.uk email ^_~)

    ReplyDelete