Tuesday 4 May 2010

Best Day Ever!!




I had my first appointment with my new clinic today and it couldn't have gone better!
My hba1c is down from 11.8% to 6.6% in 6 months!!!
I officially have Type 2 Diabetes now.
I have been told to try and loose some weight which I want to do anyway. I am going to be referred to a dietician to help with the weight loss and to help with low carb meals and blood levels. I am going to be sent for a eye screening too as its been years since my last one. The clinic were really positive and helpful and very supportive. Me and my fiance have been given the go-ahead to start trying for a baby now. I am sooo happy! I want to say a mahuuusive thank you everyone on DiabetesSupport for everything they have done for me. I can't believe how much my life has changed in the past two years, but that's a whole different post.


And to top it all off I went out with my fiance and best friend and her daughter to find my dress for my 21st birthday party on  Saturday. Its stunning and will put up a picture of it at some point.

This is a message to all the diabetics out there.
KEEP GOING, KEEP TRYING, YOU WILL HAVE DAYS WHERE ITS HARD AND YOU WANT TO GIVE UP, BUT DONT. YOUR AMAZING PEOPLE WITH SO MUCH TO GIVE TO THE WORLD AND I AM SO PROUD TO BE PART OF THE DIABETIC CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment