Wednesday 12 May 2010

I have a job!



I started my new job on Monday. I am now an Avon Representative!
I love it already. I love the fact I am my own boss yet there is help and support when I need it.
I love the Avon products that range from the well known make up & beauty to men's, kids,sports and jewellery.
I hoping to start doing parties soon and I start doing my roads next Monday.
None of the products are tested on animals which I support 100%. You are reminded that you are your own boss & you can go at your own pace. I'm hoping this will be pretty much my full time job. I am really going to push myself hard with this.

Because of the new job and great diabetes results from my clinic appointment last week, I have decided this is definately the start of the new me. The better me, The healthier me, The positive me, The me who isn't going to let anything stop me!!

My diabetes has been a bit weird today - my fault really. They were fairly good when I woke up this morning but went wrong when I had a tiger roll ( I swear these are gods gifts) for breakfast. I took what I thought was the right amount of insulin, but as there was no carbohydrate value written on the pack it was kind of hard to guess. They weren't tooooo bad 2 hours after (10.4mmol/L) so when it came to lunch I took an extra unit of insulin and by 2 hours after this I was feeling hypo. Tested and I was at 4.1 mmol/L. Although this wasn't at hypo level dinner was quite a while away so had something then. Two hours later 11.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So annoyed at myself! Dinner was not long after so took an extra unit of insulin to counteract the 11.4, and now I am playing the waiting game. Dinner was fish cakes, crushed potatoes and sweetcorn, a total of 16 units of insulin after carb counting (probably got it wrong as I was distracted).

I will edit this later to include the two hour reading.

I'm going to stay positive and keep looking to the future. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes and its all about finding what works for you, and what food works for you. I hope everyone can try to be positive with what ever is going on in their lives and know that things will get better, you just gotta keep your chin up.

No comments:

Post a Comment